Internet addiction is defined as any activity that is online related and compulsive, which interferes with normal day to day activities, and causes severe stress on family, friends, loved ones, or one’s work environment. It has also been called internet dependency or internet compulsiveness. Internet addicts make the internet and their activities on the internet a priority over friends, family, and work. The internet replaces any other organizing principle of the addicts lives, and replaces values and beliefs that the addict might have help prior to becoming addicted to the internet. They are willing to sacrifice what they treasure most in order to continue their addictive behavior.
Call Our 24/7 Recovery Hotline Now
Internet Addiction Treatment
Are you or someone you love spending too much time on the internet? Is the time you spend on Facebook, video games or pornography starting to affect your relationships? It may be time to get help.
What Is Internet Addiction?
Examples Of Internet Addiction
Examples of internet addiction can be online gaming, online gambling, internet pornography (or cybersex), online forum communities/ social networking / chat rooms (cyber-relationship addiction), or information overload (compulsive web or database searching). People often wonder how internet addiction starts. It is much the same as any other addiction. Addicts build a relationship with their drug of choice. They need it to feel normal. It’s the same with internet addiction. The internet provides them with a high, or an escape, and they being to need this to feel normal.
The first step to getting help is always to admit there is a problem. Group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and one on one personal therapy sessions have tremendous effect with getting internet addicts back on track. Our network of care providers has multiple locations that can treat internet addiction, and provide the care needed to build those lost relationships, and start living life offline again. Call us today at (866) 347-8319
- Pronounced weight gain or weight loss.
- Dry eyes or strained vision
- Back aches, neck aches, and severe headaches
- Sleep disturbances
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Your insurance may cover up to 100% of any costs! Call us today for more information.
Constantly Fantasizing About Sex
Frequent Anonymous Sex
Sex For Pure Physical Gratification
Trading Sex For Money Or Drugs
Using Sex Seductively
Sometimes sex addiction and internet addiction go hand in hand, where someone will use the internet to watch copious amounts of pornography, or use the internet to indulge in their sex addiction while alone and not with a partner. Sex addiction can ruin relationships, and can pose serious health risks. To find out more about sex addiction, click below or call us today.
- Preoccupation with the internet. Constantly having thoughts about past online activities, or being preoccupied with future online activities
- Increased use of the internet to feel satisfied
- Repeatedly failing attempts to cut back or control online usage
- Feelings of depression, moodiness, or irritability when attempting to cut down on internet usage
- Frequently being online much longer than planned
- Jeopardizing relationships or work for internet use.
- Lying to conceal internet usage.
- Feeling guilty about internet usage
- Using the internet as an escape from the real world to avoid feeling of displeasure.